Birds Eye Chilli Grilled Chicken TacosNatasha Jebens
Photography by Charmaine Mampe Ramalope-Makhubela
Blow your taste buds away with this flavor-packed grilled chicken taco recipe made with succulent and spicy chicken breast that’s marinated in our Bird’s Eye Chilli Sauce.
PREP & COOK TIME:
30 mins prep time
15 mins cook time
672 per serving
FOR THE GRILLED CHICKEN:
3 1/2 lb
Ground back pepper
FOR THE GRILLED CHICKEN TACOS ASSEMBLY:
Soft shell flour/corn tortillas
Large avocados, peeled and sliced
Limes, halved for serving
FOR THE GRILLED CHICKEN TACOS:
- Start by marinating the chicken breast. Place the chicken breast into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and squeeze fresh lemon juice.
- Add in all the ingredients and use your hands to massage the marinade until each piece of meat is well coated.
- Place into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes. For best results, marinate overnight.
- Preheat a large skillet until it’s hot. Add the marinated chicken thighs to the hot skillet. Grill for 5 mins or until the chicken naturally unsticks from the skillet. Turn the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Once rested, slice the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble the taco: spread sour cream onto a warmed tortilla, and top with fresh cilantro, grilled chicken, dollops of salsa, sweet corn, avocado slices, crumbled feta, sliced scallions, and jalapeños.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the taco and enjoy.