Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower WingsNatasha Jebens
Photography by Dalila Tarhuni
Crowd-pleasing, snacking obsession alert! Bursting with flavors, super spicy, tender, and incredibly tasty, these baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a fantastic veggie take on the beloved American classic.
The cauliflower florets are seasoned with both African Dream Foods Habanero Chilli and Ghost Pepper Salts and once baked, are tossed in the incredibly flavorful African Dream Foods Lemon & Garlic Peri-Peri Sauce to deliver a hot-spicy-lemony hit that is finger-licking good!
Serve them with the cooling tahini dip, add carrot and celery sticks on the side, and you’ve got the ultimate vegan Game Day appetizer and guaranteed winner that even meat-eaters will love!
PREP & COOK TIME:
15 mins prep time
30 mins cook time
270 per serving
1 medium head (1-1/2 to 2 lbs.)
Arrowroot flour or cornstarch
Vegan butter or olive oil
Honey or maple syrup
Celery and carrot sticks, to serve (optional)
3 tbsp or to taste
1/2 tsp or to taste
Chopped dill or chives
2-3 tbsp or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Lightly spray a large baking tray with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper or silicon mat); set aside.
- Break cauliflower into florets and set aside.
- Whisk together plant-based milk, arrowroot powder, and ADF Ghost Pepper Salt in a large bowl; add the cauliflower florets and toss gently to coat.
- Mix almond flour, ADF Habanero Chilli Salt, and cumin in a medium bowl.
- Lightly roll each floret into the almond flour mixture and spread it out on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until cauliflower is golden and crisp at the edges.
- In the meantime, whisk ADF Lemon and Garlic Peri-Peri Sauce, melted vegan butter, and honey in a small saucepan and warm over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush the cauliflower with the warm sauce and return to the oven for about 10 minutes. Serve immediately alongside the tahini dip and some celery and carrot sticks.
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For the cauliflower florets, cut the washed cauliflower head in half, then break into small florets.
- To cook the cauliflower wings in an air fryer, add the battered florets in batches to the basket in a single layer (do not overcrowd) and cook at 400°F/200°C for 20-25 minutes. Toss with the hot sauce mixture and serve.
- For crispy cauliflower wings, serve the hot sauce on the side instead of brushing over and baking again.