Lemon & Garlic Peri-Peri Chicken Burgers with Smashed AvoNatasha Jebens
Photography by Vega DuPont
Get the grill out, it is time to turn up the heat with our delicious Lemon & Garlic Peri Peri Chicken Burgers. A perfect and fresh summer recipe for your next BBQ that all your friends and family will love! Flavourful with the perfect hint of spice.
A little pro-tip from us, let your chicken breasts marinate for at least 5 hours (OR up to 12 hours) for the ultimate mouth-watering flavors!
PREP & COOK TIME:
5 hours prep time
45 mins cook time
467 per serving
Boneless chicken breasts
Habanero Chili Salt
FOR THE SMASHED AVO:
Julienne-cut red peppers
Julienne-cut yellow peppers
Julienne-cut red cabbage
Red wine vinegar
Fresh Burger Buns
FOR THE PERI-PERI CHICKEN BURGERS:
- Place your 4 chicken breasts into a shallow dish and pour over your Lemon & Garlic Peri-Peri and add in your Habanero Chilli Salt. Make sure your marinade is fully coating all chicken breasts completely, then cover your bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Before grilling the chicken, make sure to prep your julienne veg mix and smashed avo. In a medium bowl add in all your pre-cut veggies, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, mix well then set aside. Grab another medium bowl, add in your avos, and with a fork, smash until you reach a consistency of your liking (we recommend leaving it slightly chunky), then add habanero chili salt & lime juice.
- Now the time you have been waiting for, heat up your grill and grab yourself a refreshing beverage. Lay the chicken onto the grill and cook each piece for 3-4 minutes per side on direct, medium heat.
- Build your burger with the julienned veg and smashed avo and enjoy! If you are someone who loves a bit of extra heat, try a few drops of our Bird’s Eye Chilli Sauce!
For the Peri-Peri Chicken Burgers:
- Be sure not to overcook the chicken or they will be dry and tasteless, they should be crisp yet succulent.
- If your chicken breasts are rather thick, we recommend slicing them in half so that they are slightly thinner.