Effective Date: 1st January 2021
Information We Collect
African Dream Foods may collect information from you either directly or indirectly through your use of our Online Services. The information we collect may include personal information (such as your first and last name, contact information, and payment details) and demographic information (such your interests).
Information You Provide Voluntarily
When you make an online purchase through our Online Services, you are required to provide certain personal information, including first and last name, physical address, email address, phone number, and payment details, including credit card billing, bank transfer, or PayPal information.
African Dream Foods may send email communications to individuals who voluntarily subscribe to our communications. To subscribe to these communications, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name, and email address. You can opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe link included in every email communication we send out.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
Information We Collect Automatically
We or third parties use various tools and technologies, such as cookies and web server logs, to collect certain information automatically when you visit our Online Services. This information may include IP addresses, device identifiers, referring URLs, time and length of visits, and pages viewed. The technologies we use include the following:
- Embedded Scripts – An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with our Online Services. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server, or from a third party with which we work, and is active only while you are connected to our Online Services and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Device and Activity Monitoring – These technologies monitor, and may record, certain of your interactions with our Online Services or collect and analyze information from your device, such as your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data. These technologies are used for purposes such as identification, security, fraud prevention, troubleshooting, tracking, or improving our Online Services and customizing or optimizing your experience.
- Device Recognition Technologies – These technologies apply statistical probabilities to data sets or link a common unique identifier to different device uses (for example, a Facebook ID) to try to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (for example, that a user of several different devices is the same user or in the same household).
- Web Beacons – Some of our Online Services’ web pages may use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about usage of our Online Services. A web beacon is an electronic image (also referred to as an “action tag,” “single-pixel,” or “clear GIF”) that is commonly used to track the traffic patterns of users from one web page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow and to analyze the effectiveness of websites. Some web beacons may be unusable if you elect to reject their associated cookies.
- Web Server Logs – An IP address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/machine you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet service provider. African Dream Foods may use IP addresses to conduct analyses and performance reviews and to administer our Online Services.
Please note that we or third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online properties when you use our Online Services.
Your Choices about Tracking Technologies
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies, or other tracking technologies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these tracking technologies, some parts of our Online Services may not work. Additionally, when you revisit our Online Services, your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted. Like many websites, African Dream’s Online Services do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Use Personal Information
- allow you to use the features we offer on our Online Services;
- facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience;
- process your registration and manage your account;
- process your transactions, provide services or information you request, and communicate with you;
- marketing and related purposes;
- improve our Online Services and for other internal business purposes;
- determine your location and manage digital content rights (for example, territory restrictions); and
- prevent fraud, identify breaches of our policies or terms, and address threats or harm.
How We Share Personal Information
Except as restricted by applicable law, African Dream Foods may share your personal information with our affiliates, business partners, and vendors that provide services on our behalf. These third parties are not meant to use personal information except for the purpose(s) for which the personal information was provided.
- African Dream Foods will not sell, rent, license, or trade your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use unless we receive your consent to do so.
- African Dream Foods may share your personal information under confidentiality agreements with our vendors, such as a cloud hosting service or an online payment processor. These vendors may use your personal information to assist African Dream Foods in its operations.
- We may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law. We may provide your personal information in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, other legal processes, governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may disclose personal information as necessary in response to activities that are unlawful or in violation of African Dream’s policies applicable to our Online Services, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- In the event of a business transaction, including negotiations of such a transaction, (for example, the sale, reorganization, liquidation, assignment, merger, or other transfer of all or a portion of African Dream’s business to another business entity) we may share your personal information obtained through our Online Services.
Your Choices about Our Use and Sharing of Your Personal Information
You have the right at any time to access, correct, update, or request deletion of the personal information collected about you. Please direct such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. All access, correction, update, opt-out, and deletion requests will be acknowledged and responded to within 30 days of receipt. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions
Information You Publicly Disclose
Additionally, our Online Services may offer you the option to send a communication to a friend or other contact (for example, sharing a product you like). If so, African Dream Foods relies on you to only send to people that have given you permission to do so. The recipient’s name and email address will be used to facilitate the communication, but not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person. Your contact information and message may be included in the communication.
Links to Third-Party Content
African Dream’s Online Services may include or link to third-party websites, applications, or platforms. These third-party services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to collect information about you and may independently solicit personal information from you.
African Dream’s Online Services permit you to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media networks. If you connect with us on these third-party social networks, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references African Dream Foods (for example, by mentioning us in a tweet or status update), your post may be used by us. Also, both African Dream Foods and the third-party social network may have access to certain information about you and your use of both our Online Services and the third-party social network.
Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party technology to collect and use data in connection with interest-based advertising. These ad technology companies and advertisers may use, store, or access cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from our Online Services and elsewhere on the Internet. They then use that information to provide advertising services to us, including targeted interest-based advertisements delivered over time and across online services and devices.
We may use certain web analytics services, including Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Online Services and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website to improve it. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
We have implemented Google Analytics Advertising Features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, impression reporting. We and our vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to deliver advertisements, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, personalize content.
As a customer of Google Analytics, African Dream Foods adheres to all of its terms of service and privacy policies, which can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html.
To find out more about how these analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online and how to opt out of information collection by these networks, visit www.youradchoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit adssettings.google.com and tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that we do not control how other parties manage their opt-out processes.
African Dream’s Online Services are not directed to children, and African Dream Foods does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have received personal information from a child under the age of 18 through our Online Services, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
We do not share personal information as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine The Light law”) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes absent your consent. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with the Shine the Light law by contacting us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to PO Box 873311, Vancouver, WA, 98687, USA, (Attention: Legal Counsel). Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
Any California residents under the age of 18 who have registered to use the Online Services, and who posted content or information on the Service, can request removal by contacting African Dream Foods at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. African Dream Foods will make reasonable, good faith efforts to remove the content from public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third parties may have republished or archived content by search engines that African Dream Foods does not control.
Information for Users Outside the United States
If you are using African Dream’s Online Services outside the United States, please be aware that personal information we obtain about you may be processed in the United States or in other countries. By using our Online Services, you acknowledge your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries outside your own. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal information in other countries may differ from the laws where you are located.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement reasonable security measures designed to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We protect your personal information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures, including encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layer technology. Through encryption, the personal information that you enter, including credit card numbers, cannot be read easily as the personal information travels over the Internet. However, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure, and African Dream Foods does not guarantee the security of your information collected through our Online Services.
Donor accounts are protected by your account password, and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. Never share your African Dream Foods password with anyone you do not want to access your account, and inform African Dream Foods of any need to deactivate an account or password.
We retain personal information you provide us when we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, we will retain the information you provided as a subscriber to our email communications, so that we can send regular email communications to you. Subscribers can opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe link included in every communication we send. You can also request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
When you ask us to delete your personal information, we will strive to comply with your request, but we may need to retain certain information as required by law.