Sweet Dream Glazed Bacon PancakesNatasha Jebens
Photography by Vega DuPont
Win everyone over with the fluffiest pancakes served with the ultimate topping, our Sweet Dream Sauce glazed bacon! All you need is a few simple ingredients, and of course, our mouthwatering Sweet Dream Sauce, turn this sweet and fruity sauce into the perfect glaze.
PREP & COOK TIME:
20 mins prep time
30 mins cook time
481 per serving
Self Raising Flour
Large Egg, Separated
FOR THE BACON:
1 ½ tbsp
Sweet Dream Sauce
FOR THE BACON:
- Let’s start with the bacon. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), grab a medium bowl, add in your brown sugar and Sweet Dream Sauce and mix.
- Rub each individual bacon slice with your spice mix, make sure they are well coated.
- Place on a large baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes then switch to grill for the last 5 minutes or until they are just getting crispy (Get started on your pancake mixture while bacon is in the oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- Mix together your baking powder, salt, sugar milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Now for the secret step, beat together your egg whites until white and fluffy, this leaves you with super fluffy pancakes!
- Add your fluffy egg whites into your batter and slowly mix together, be careful not to overmix.
- Melt some butter into a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add about half a ladle of batter into your pan at a time, when the batter starts to make little holes it is time to flip. Cook each side until golden brown.
For the Sweet Dream Glazed Bacon Pancakes:
- The bacon will crisp slightly more when cooling.
- Use an egg mold to get perfectly round pancakes