Sweet Dream Glazed Bacon PancakesNatasha Jebens
Photography by Vega DuPont
PREP & COOK TIME:
20 mins prep time
30 mins cook time
481 per serving
Self Raising Flour
Large Egg, Separated
FOR THE BACON:
1 ½ tbsp
Sweet Dream Sauce
FOR THE BACON:
- Let’s start with the bacon. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), grab a medium bowl, add in your brown sugar and Sweet Dream Sauce and mix.
- Rub each individual bacon slice with your spice mix, make sure they are well coated.
- Place on a large baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes then switch to grill for the last 5 minutes or until they are just getting crispy (Get started on your pancake mixture while bacon is in the oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- Mix together your baking powder, salt, sugar milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Now for the secret step, beat together your egg whites until white and fluffy, this leaves you with super fluffy pancakes!
- Add your fluffy egg whites into your batter and slowly mix together, be careful not to overmix.
- Melt some butter into a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add about half a ladle of batter into your pan at a time, when the batter starts to make little holes it is time to flip. Cook each side until golden brown.
For the Sweet Dream Glazed Bacon Pancakes:
- The bacon will crisp slightly more when cooling.
- Use an egg mold to get perfectly round pancakes